Modern Take on a Patchwork

I have made a LOT of patchworks over the past few years ... but have never been able to get too excited over a straight patchwork ... other than one I saw on the internet a long time ago and have never been able to find again ...

Anyway ... here's a modified patchwork ... the color palette for this one was inspired by the material that I used on the back.


It's comprised of 3" squares in mustards, yellow and grays ... surrounded by Kona Ash and quilted with a free motion meandering ...

There's not a lot to say about this simple quilt.


The back is a solid piece of Hexa in Honeycomb by AGF Studio.  


I have made a few attempts at other types of patchworks ... for example ... here and here and here ...



I've had a bit of time to get all this done around here ...

We live at 700' elevation at the end of a 2 mile dirt road ... and we have had snow!  Probably not a big deal for most of you ... but we live in the pacific northwest of the US ... and we don't get snow ... until this year!  We had over 15" total snow in December ... a bit of a challenge since plows don't head down dirt roads ... hence the ability to stay home a quilt a little ... it may be a little annoying ... but it is really beautiful!


Hope all is well with all of you.

Happy New Year!

All the best,
Lisa

Comments

  1. I think it's a lovely piece of patchwork! Maybe it's because I'm still a fairly new quilter, but I love the classic simple squares. I like that you used an inspirational fabric to choose the colors, but only put it on the back so the patchwork and grey stand alone in the front.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!